Model Expo Italy 2022 offers model railway enthusiasts – and many others as well – the opportunity to get to know this modelling reality up close. Thanks to Gruppo Appassionati Scala TT, visitors will be able to admire railway models built in TT 1:120 scale.
The purpose of the Association is to spread and promote railway modelling culture in general and in particular the TT scale world. This is not a very common modelling scale, which is why even rolling stock is not widely found in traditional commercial channels.
For these reasons, members of the Appassionati della Scala TT group dedicate their efforts with great passion to self-construction of buildings and rolling stock models, with the aim of reproducing Italy’s railway infrastructure with impressive fidelity.
During Model Expo Italy 2022, the Association will present a modular project comprising several modules, some of which never displayed before now:
- Photovoltaic module: entirely self-built, reproducing a truly functional photovoltaic system in great detail;
- Porto Borgio module: reconstruction of an imaginary landscape along the Ligurian coast with a port.
Unique railway models – also entirely self-built – will circulate around these models! They will include
- Loco E444 – Italian State Railways locomotive built with 3D printing;
- Loco ALN 772 – Italian State Railways locomotive;
- Container waggons – Italian State Railways in metal with resin containers.
- Model Railways
- 22 February 2022